Panos Institute Southern Africa (PSAf), based in Lusaka, Zambia, is looking for a suitably qualified Zambia-based candidate for the position of Knowledge Management Officer, with the following details:
Job Title: Knowledge Management Officer
Reports to: Programmes Manager
Purpose of the post: To coordinate the use of ICT tools to facilitate the creation, storage, sharing and effective application of institutional knowledge to strengthen PSAf work
- Support the implementation of institutional knowledge and information management systems, including planning, implementation and management of the software applications and hardware infrastructure that support operations;
- Support the development, roll-out and management of PSAf branding and profiling materials, including but not limited to the website, social media platforms, portals, presentations, brochures, pamphlets, briefs, success stories, media reports, and other promotional materials;
- Provide general systems support such as software installations and upgrades, license management, server/network drives set up and management, network and printer set-up and management, end user support and user training on basic applications;
- Carefully and rigorously catalogue all irregularities and key issues reported by RLCs, community members and implementing partners through set channels for use in regular reports, briefs and statements, among others;
- Support the creation and management of databases of implementing partners, networks, donors and other stakeholders.
- Maintain up-to-date inventory of all ICT hardware and software, assess requirements, and make recommendations on purchase and installation of hardware and software.
- Prepare technical specifications for all ICT related procurement tasks, and liaise with service providers and users.
- Conduct information and communication technology audits and make recommendations for improving performance.
- Support implementation of collaborative tools to inform decision making.
- Perform other roles or work as requested by PSAf management.
Skills and competence:
- High computer literacy is essential for information officers, as a large part of their time will be spent working with digital resources, such as content management systems (CMS), electronic document and record management systems and other databases.
- Up-to-date knowledge and skills on latest developments in the IT systems field.
- Ability to train and support staff on IT.
- Effective liaison experience with external organizations.
- Experience and proficiency in Windows, Linux and iOS systems
- Professional knowledge of network technologies and clients
- Effective written and oral communication with ability to produce reports and present solutions.
- Ability to set up or manage a real time content generation platform
- Ability to set up or manage servers and related access management control
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, identify and isolate technical issues
- CISCO/Microsoft or equivalent certification
Diploma or higher in Journalism; Media Studies; Information Technology; Communication; Information Systems Management or equivalent. Professional I.T Certification will be an added advantage.
- At least three years’ experience in information systems management, preferably in an NGO or related establishment
- Experience with ICT hardware & Experience with training.
- Experience with and knowledge of Windows, Mac OS and Linux Operating systems and related applications; Desktop publishing software; Web Design and Management; Database Design and Management
Suitably qualified persons should send their application letters, detailed CVs with traceable references, and copies of certificates to: The Executive Director, Panos Institute Southern Africa, P.O. Box 39163, Lusaka, Zambia. All applications must be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and copy email@example.com. The subject line must indicate “Knowledge Management Officer application”.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Tuesday, 09 February 2021, at 17:00hrs. Applications received after this date will not be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.