Panos Institute Southern Africa (PSAf), a communication for development organisation based in Lusaka, Zambia, is looking for a suitably qualified Zambia-based candidate for the position of Programme Officer under its Media Development and ICTs Programme.
Post: Media Development and ICTs Programme Officer
Station: Lusaka, Zambia
Reporting to: Programmes Manager
Key Performance Areas
- Effective programme planning and implementation in line with the PSAf Strategic Plan, and institutional and project level Programme of Work and Budget.
- Organization and execution of Programme activities such as meetings, workshops and field monitoring among others.
- Conduct regular and required engagements with programme stakeholders for identified tasks.
- Support other Programme team members in the implementation of relevant tasks.
- Generate progress narrative reports on Programme operations on a regular and timely basis, in line with the PSAf Results Management Framework.
- Participate in profiling PSAf and its work through offline and online platforms.
- Identify opportunities for programme development and implementation.
- Actively participate in routine monitoring and evaluation of activities, in line with Programme goals.
- Conduct regular policy and regulatory analysis of the media and ICTs sector in the country and the Southern African region.
Qualifications and Experience:
Diploma or a Degree in Media Studies, Journalism, Mass Communication or related discipline, with at least 3 years’ working experience.
Skills and Competence
- Experience working in / with the mainstream or community media.
- Ability to work with marginalized groups such as the rural poor, and other disadvantaged communities like children, youths, women, and persons with disability.
- Knowledge of human rights-based programming
- Proficiency in the use of social media platforms, especially Twitter and Facebook.
- Knowledge of the media and ICTs sector, with good contacts in the community, mainstream and online media
- Knowledge of the socio, political and economic context and environment in Zambia and Southern Africa
- Ability to develop and facilitate media relations
- Ability to conduct media training and journalists’ mentorship
- Proven ability to produce reports, feature articles and/ or broadcast media programmes
- Ability to work under pressure and quick turn-around timeframes
- Familiarity with PSAf methodologies i.e. radio listening clubs, oral testimonies, production of high-quality literature, media fellowships etc.
- Good interpersonal communication and influencing skills.
Suitably qualified persons should send their application letters, detailed CVs with traceable references, and copies of certificates to: The Executive Director, Panos Institute Southern Africa, P.O. Box 39163, Lusaka, Zambia.
All applications must be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and copy email@example.com.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Wednesday, 5th August 2020, at 17:00hrs. Applications received after this date will not be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.